I ended up banging it out really quickly the day we left for the Midwest, so I could bring it along.
It's the second dress I've made from this pattern (vintage Simplicity 3463), which I really like. I made about a million mistakes: didn't line the pattern up quite right from bodice to skirt, the bias binding is absolutely appalling to look at up close, the facing is pretty bad too (and unfortunately, frequently visible). But the beauty of a busy print is that it's hard to tell with most of my fuckups.
That said, it's a pretty rad little dress. And I'll probably keep making it over and over again (probable next version: red flowers on a pink field). It's figure-forgiving, comfortable, has big pockets--I can't see a reason to wear jeans anymore, honestly.